Winter is coming and it brings with it the inevitable cough and cold. If you start to feel unwell, please don’t look to me for medical advice. I’m not a doctor – I just play one on TV. But if you want some suggestions about things you can do to alleviate your symptoms at home, keep reading…
This year, New Zealanders have been blessed with a large supply of pollen. This means that if you suffer from hay fever, your symptoms will be worse than usual this time around.
But the good news is there are some things you can to ease their effects – and one of them is included in the recipe below…
Winter health tea
– 1 lemon
– Half a teaspoon of sea salt
– 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar (organic if you can get it)
Cut up the lemon and add to boiling hot water. Allow this to steep for around ten minutes or so, then add the other ingredients and enjoy!
Procedure for use:
Drink this tea every day, whether you are sick or not. It will help your immune system in general and give it a boost when needed.
Some health benefits of the ingredients used in this recipe include…
– Lemon juice is an excellent source of Vitamin C, which strengthens immunity. It can also assist with cleansing your liver, which will then help with more than just immunity.
– Honey also has antiviral properties and can assist in boosting the immune system. It’s also great for throat problems including coughs and sore throats. If you don’t like drinking this tea hot, you could even mix it with honey to make a delicious hot lemon drink.
– Cayenne pepper has antibacterial properties. It will help to clear up any infection you might have, whether it’s respiratory or not. It also assists in blood circulation, which can assist with congestion issues in the lungs.
I hope you enjoy this recipe. Winter is coming and it’s a good idea to be prepared!